Coconino National Forest Arizona Archaeological Society and Elden Pueblo Project present:
The 2013 Project Series
The public is invited to join in stewardship activities on public lands in your community.
NEW THIS YEAR:
- These are FREE activities. A suggested donation of $10 is encouraged, for basic expenses.
- Notify Project Leader DIRECTLY to attend a work session. Notice of intent to attend a work session is preferred. Your Project Leader will contact you, if any schedule changes occur.
- The program announcement below has all of the work session details.
- Unless otherwise noted, work sessions are from 9 am to 3 pm.
to download the program announcement.
Scientific Illustration Course at Q Ranch Young Arizona
July 28th - August 3rd 2013
The Workshop is taught by Dr. John W. Hohmann and Bryan Donahue, professional artist and scientific illustrator. Students will learn the importance and value of scientific illustration and have the opportunity to illustrate artifacts and cultural features from Q Ranch. The goals of this workshop are to:
1. learn basic scientific illustration techniques;
2. produce an accurate and detailed record of an archaeological artifact;
3. learn more about the artifact itself through such careful examination, and;
4. inform others about the intricacies of an artifact through detailed illustration that cannot be as easily conveyed through words or photographs.
For more information and registration form, download the brochure.
Prehistoric & Historic Site Preservation and Restoration Workshop
This workshop will be held on 3 consecutive weekends, to accommodate students and work obligations. There is also an extended workshop option. The weekends are:
- September 14-15
- September 21-22
- September 28-29
The extended session is:
The Workshop is taught by Dr. John W. Hohmann, Archaeologist and Larry Roberts, Architect. This workshop will discuss the importance of preservation as it pertains to archaeological sites. The focus of this workshop will be site preservation There are no prerequisites, but AAS membership is required.
For more information and registration download the brochure.